****************Holy Week and Easter********************
Please be advised that there is now limited spaces left over Holy week and Easter:
Palm Sunday 5.30pm (Saturday 27th March ) Full
Palm Sunday 9.30am, (Sunday 28th March) Full
Palm Sunday 11.30am (Sunday 28th March) Full
Maundy Thursday 7.00pm (1st April) Limited Spaces
Good Friday 3.00pm (2nd April) Full
Holy Saturday 8pm (3rd April), First Mass of Easter Full
Easter Sunday 9.30am (4th April) Full
Easter Sunday 11.30am (4th April) Full
To book on to any of the available Masses, please email the Parish office as soon as possible.
Welcome to the St John Henry Newman Parish website. On this site, you should find all the information you need regarding the Parish, its ministries and the pastoral activities going on within it.
You can find the weekly newsletter is available online as well as follow me on Twitter and keep an eye on the parish Facebook page. If you are new to the Parish please complete a registration form (available on the [Downloads] page) and call into the Parish Office to say hello.
Fr Kieren is currently live streaming Mass each day via his Facebook account. Please send a friend request to Kieren Mullarkey on Facebook and, once accepted, you will be notified when he goes live.
—– Important Notice —–
Please note public Masses are now back on however please note the following information.
Holy Mass :
Weekdays Tuesday and Thursday 9.30am at English Martyrs Church
Wednesday and Friday 9.30am at St Monica’s Church
Saturday English Martyrs Church 11.00am
Sundays All at St. Monica’s Church (due to covid 19 restrictions and social distancing requirements)
Vigil 5.30pm (Sat), 9.30am, 11.30am
Holy Days As announced in the newsletter
Please be advised that you must book a place to attend any of the Sunday Masses. Bookings are to be made by emailing the parish administrator Amanda Craven by 12 noon on Wednesday or by telephoning the parish office 0161 748 2328 on Wednesday morning only between 9.30am and 1.00pm
Things to be aware of when attending any of the Masses
– Face coverings must be worn
– You must sanitise your hands on the way in and on the way out of Church
– There will be no music at the Mass
– There are stewards at all the Masses who will direct you to your seat
– You may not be allocated your usual place to sit
– Holy communion will be distributed at the end of Mass
– There will be no mass books or hymn books available
– There will be a limited number of Mass sheets available for Sunday Masses
– If you use a Mass sheet please take it home to dispose of it
– There are a limited number of Newsletters available at Sunday Masses
If you have an email address please contact Amanda Craven on the email address above to have the newsletter sent to you each week by email.
Thank you, Fr K